South Australia will implement a strategy to hold positive COVID-19 cases at a special facility under police guard, since no new cases have been reported by the state.
In a move not seen in any other part of the world except Communist China, Premier Steven Marshall is implementing draconian measures by hauling off Covid19 patients to 'special police secured facilities'.
As part of a big crackdown on the state's medi-hotels, positive COVID-19 cases in South Australia will be brought to a dedicated facility. Security at the site, Premier Steven Marshall has announced, will be given exclusively by SA police officers and security officers.
No new cases were registered by the state on Wednesday, after two more cases were connected on Tuesday to the local Parafield cluster. Announcing the suite of new steps, Mr Marshall said the old Wakefield hospital is one choice that is being considered for the specialized facility.
There will be no deployment of workers working at the facility to other medi-hotels or high-risk settings, including elderly care facilities, correctional facilities or hospitals,"Staff working at the facility will not be deployed to other medi-hotels or high-risk environments, including aged care facilities, correctional facilities or hospitals,"
"All staff who are working in the dedicated facility have access to the Hotel for Heroes facility, so that they have the option to rest away from their home."
After it was announced that a worker at one facility, Peppers Hotel, contracted the virus, the state's medi-hotels came under scrutiny until it spread through close connections and family members. The total number of cases connected to the Parafield local cluster now stands at 29.
Mr. Marshall said Peppers would be thoroughly deep-cleaned, while Nicola Spurrier, chief public health officer, announced that an initial analysis of the hotel's collected CCTV is now complete.
She also explained that it was a hotel security guard who first contracted the virus, not as previously suggested, a cleaner. Nicola Spurrier, chief public health officer, said it was a security guard at Peppers who first contracted the virus, not as previously suggested, a cleaner. Picture: Tait Schmaal
After officials suspected that the virus had spread from a worker at the Woodville Pizza Bar to a customer, the outbreak led to a brief statewide closure.
As part of Taskforce Protect, SA Police has designated 20 investigators and analysts to investigate the matter. Commissioner Grant Stevens said that over the past 10 days, more than 600 police officers a day have been redirected to "response activities"